Roast Pepper be it Red, green, yellow or orange bell peppers can be done in the oven, on the grill or in an air fryer. It can even be roasted with other ingredients like fresh tomatoes, onions and hot peppers but our emphasis will be on the red peppers for Nigerian stews/soup and for other meals.
Roasted pepper gives a deliciously different flavor that’s different from the usually boiled pepper most Nigerians are used to
It gives a thick and smooth blend so there’s no need to boil on the cooker again.
No need to worry about stirring or the pepper getting burnt over the cooker since the oven is being used.
Depending on your choice of stew, you can roast pepper in the oven to make;
Fish stew (mix of red bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and hot pepper)
Ayamase stew (green bell peppers, onions, and hot green peppers
Tomato stew (tomatoes alone)
Beef stew and more
Read More – HOW TO KEEP A HEALTHY EATING HABIT WHILE WORKING FROM HOME DURING COVID – 19
HOW TO ROAST PEPPER IN THE OVEN
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan or gas mark 7.
- Wash and cut up Red Bell peppers, tomatoes and onions into smaller bits and arrange on the baking sheet cut-side down but Leave the habanero peppers whole.
- Line them in a large, flat baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Bake in the oven for 35 – 40 mins. Halfway through the baking time, rotate, then switch the tray on top to bottom and vice versa until the skin is shriveled and lightly blistere
- When bake time is complete, Turn off heat and leave to cool in the oven. completely before peeling
- After cooling for about 15 mins Your roasted peppers are ready to be blended.
- Blend till smooth.
- Use immediately or freeze for later.
- Alternatively, slice the peppers and put them in a jar with good-quality olive oil and crushed garlic cloves, then store in the fridge for up to one week. Do not freeze the pepper
If you loved this post please, leave me a comment and share the link to this guide with family and friends.
If you also have recipe for roasted peppers, tomatoes and onions and you would like to share with us please send us a mail.
There are many advantages to working from home which can lead to ignoring your healthy eating habits.
Here’s what you can do to continue your healthy eating habits while working from home.
STOCK YOUR HOME WITH MOSTLY FRESH AND HEALTHY FOOD
Plan your daily meals and go food shopping so you can have everything readily available to heat and eat. Hereby avoiding the temptations of eating junks lying around the house in case you haven’t found time to shop while working from home.
While working from home, create a quiet space at home to work where you cannot be disturbed, unless it’s absolutely necessary or an emergency. This can help you to separate your work time from your family life like you do while in a typical office setting. This way, the stress of handling kids, family obligations, and work won’t get out of hand that you end up making food your stress relief.
SET AN EATING SCHEDULE
In a typical office setting, your regular eating routine would be to eat on your way to work or just immediately you get to work, you either buy lunch at work or munch on your pre-cooked meal and then eat dinner at home or have a stop over at an eatery. You can try this while working from home too, try to eat 3 meals the same time every day and maybe 1-2 snacks mainly fruits with vitamin c at intervals as you do if you were in a typical office setting so your healthy eating habit doesn’t become a mess.
DONT INDULGE YOURSELF EVERYDAY
It’s easier not to indulge when you are around your colleagues in the office who see what and when you indulge which is totally different when you work from home. So you can set a time for when you’ll have high-calorie or other junks that have sugar. It also helps to be mindful of when and what you choose to indulge in. You can also put portioned meals and snacks for the day and put your favorite munchies out of sight so they are out of your mind.